Long time no see here..
As so many request from my friends, so I decide to share with you guys this Korean snack recipe called 'Ddeokbokki' or Spicy Rice Cake.
Let me introduce the ingredients first.
3 cups of water
2-3 tbs chili paste
2-3 tbs sugar
1/2 packet of rice cake
Sesame seed (to sprinkle)
Okay now we go to how to do it;
1. Heat the water with anchovies until it boil. Take out the anchovies and let aside.
2. Put the chili paste and stir it till it blend.
3. Put sugar and stir well. Let it heat for a while.
4. Put the rice cake inside. Stir and wait till the rice cake soft and the gravy is thick.
5. Cut the fish cake and sausage and put together and stir well.
6. Cut the spring onion to the size according to your taste. Put inside.
7. Stir well and let it cook for a while for about 5-10 minutes.
8. Serve on plate and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
* Some of you might found ready made Ddeokbokki sauce/paste when you visit Korean store but for me better do it yourself.
* For Ddeokbokki, make sure you use the right size of rice cake as Rice Cake Soup will use different size of rice cake. Some will be in long shape and you have to cut it first before you cook it.
* For chili paste, it according to your taste. If you want it to be more spicy then add more. If you like sweet and spicy, put more sugar.
Enjoy the recipe and let me know if you guys have some trouble with it by comment it here!
Wait for my next cooking session post~